Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nothin' But Yellow!

Yesterday, Saturday, I went to work at 7:00 a.m. and stopped for the day at 4:00 p.m. Daughter, a.k.a. Tex, (not TexWisGirl, just Tex) came down to help. To add to the short staff in our office, our newest clerk's brother passed away and she will be off work Monday and Tuesday, our nightmare days! So, Tex was kind enough to pitch in. I'm still way behind, so will be heading off to work as soon as I finish this post. I'm only staying 3 or 4 hours though. Really, that's all!

The Democratic party has picked a successor for the office, but he won't start until the 11th. He will be green as grass as to the duties, but I'm sure he will quickly adjust. 

Friday night we went down to the garden to pick tomatoes, zucchini, acorn squash, and okra. We also pulled up a few radishes. I use the term 'we' loosely. JD, a.k.a. Hubs (daughter doesn't like the word Hubs, so from now on he will be JD. JD is an inside joke, which I may explain later. No time today) JD did most of the picking while I wondered around with my camera. Well, I did pick the okra.
 The Gold Finches were out in force. Enjoying SIL's sunflowers.


Above is one of my sunflowers. It is only about 4 inches from tip of petal to tip of petal. Not sure the variety, but they are pretty.
 Now back to SIL's. Beautiful, huge..
...and stately.

Linking to the Bird D'pot

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next best thing about sunflowers, with the best thing being their happy beautiful flowers faces, is that the birds love them too!

eileeninmd said...

I love the gorgeous sunflowers, so pretty and pretty. And the goldfinches look cute pecking at the sunflower seeds.. Great shots. Enjoy your Sunday!

EG CameraGirl said...

Gotta love how the goldfinches enjoy sunflowers. Hope you really do stay at the office for 3 or 4 hours...and no more. ;)

TexWisGirl said...

love the sunflowers - and jealous you get the goldies wearing their summer suits. :)

hoping your work begins to ease a bit by mid-aug!

Brian King said...

I love sunflower fields, but we don't have them here.

Rose said...

Sunflowers always bring a smile to my brain and face...just love seeing them. Any time. any where.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed these gorgeous and cheerful sunflowers and goldfinches.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

So bright and sunny- gorgeous sunflowers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These sunflowers are gorgeous! And the goldfinch matches them. What amazing pictures! So you have a family business? Can I ask what it is?

Amy Burzese said...

Love the sunflowers and the matching birds. lol I planted sunflowers this year. Tall ones and small ones both. Love 'em.

Stephanie said...

Love the finch and the sunflowers images. Gorgeously shot!

A Colorful World said...

Lovely goldfinches and sunflowers! A really beautiful post! Sorry you are so busy at work!

Halcyon said...

Gorgeous! Sunflowers make me happy.

Anni said...

Love, love, LOVE this post! And such wonderful images. All warm, glowing and bright summer yellows.

The Goldfinch is such a fabulous added attraction. I've only seen ONE in my area, so a bit green with envy here!!

Thanks for linking up this week at the Bird D'Pot.

Anni said...

...had to show Bud...and now I'm trying to convince him to plant some sunflowers. I want what you saw. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers and Goldfinches - it doesn't get much more summer than that! :)

Lindy

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers and Goldfinches - it doesn't get much more summer than that! :)

Lindy